'Rude awakening' sounds more harsh than it actually was. Well this morning I woke up to a mad woman yelling my name outside of the door. It was Rose. Her house was flooded and came to ask for towels. Poor girl. I gave her a bunch of towels and sent Joe off to help her. <--- I sound like a mother saying "i sent him off" lol. Just to let you know he went voluntarily :) I knew it drizzled last night but this morning it just started pouring like crazy. Throughout the pounding sound of the rain, we were snoozing off in our beds haha. I was half asleep and half awake thinking 'please Kamanamau, don't wake up yet'. We had a long night. I'm pretty sure Mana is teething again, so he endured the pain til he doze off at around 11 o' clock. I was tired and my house was a disaster. I think Rose woke Joe and I up at 9am. Kamanamau was still asleep. I walked around to do my little inspection of how things were...yup, it was bad. This is one of the times I'm thankful to be on the 2nd floor. Yes, I have to walk up and down those flight of stairs daily. Yes, I have to carry the stroller up and down with Mana in my other arm, but no, no I don't have to wake up being surrounded in a puddle of water (oh except when the darn a.c. overflows) or worry about my house being flooded. Well with this wet morning I was glad to see many people come together to help each other out.

Main road in front of our apartment. I didn't want to stand in it cos it was contaminated with sewer water. Gross. But I walked around bare foot. smart.
Guys lending a helping hand :) ONe of the many trucks going around with sandbags to the houses.
This is Rose's lovely home :) Trust me you do not want to go in. The water went all the way to her bedroom and bathroom. This pic was taken when the rain slowed down a bit.
IN front of Rose's apartment. This is what she walks out to see. How lovely.
This is what Mana is doing while everything takes place :)
No comments:
Post a Comment